- Records, classifies, and summarizes financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Maintains and reconciles general ledger accounts during the monthly closing process.
- Maintains records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, or other financial activities within an organization.
- Assist in the consolidation of monthly financials of foreign subsidiaries in US accounting system including foreign currency translation.
- Generates and interprets financial records and statements for management.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Prepare reports that outline the company's financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and future operations.
- Assist in the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, institute and maintain other planning and control procedures (including the cost accounting system), and analyze and report variances.
- Documents and supports implementation of accounting processes and accounting control procedures.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Collects appropriate data and prepares state and local reports and tax returns.
- Supports Finance department with month end closing as well as assisting with special projects as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Corporate Controller.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related major required, however a combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Requires 3+ years of public accounting experience with large Regional / Big Four firm necessary.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Relevant experience consolidating foreign subsidiaries including foreign currency translation a plus.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional organizational skills, communication skills and attention to detail.
- Willingness to work above 40 hours/week when department needs dictate.